We all have our essential cosmetic products that we include in our kits. However there are some necessities that you should add that aren’t exactly makeup related, but will definitely come in handy at some point or another!
2. Beauty Scissors/Tweezers. We all have those hectic weeks where you were planning on getting your brows done 2 weeks ago and still haven’t found the most opportune time to walk around with a puffy red uni-brow as a result of threading or waxing…
Anyways the clients we work on may be in the same predicament…so help a sister out! WITH PERMISSION get rid of any hairs that are distracting or that need to go. You aren’t reshaping their brows, just doing a quick clean up if needed.
3. Bobby Pins/Clip. Now if you are a hair stylist, you have close to 1000 of these in your kit, but as makeup artist, you want to have the option to pull back the clients hair without messing it up with a hair elastic, although you may want to throw a few of those on your wrist too!
4. Advil/Tylenol or whatever you need to get you through a headache or pain.
5. Water. STAY HYDRATED throughout the day of a wedding or shoot. Between the coffee and most likely forgetting to eat lunch you need something to keep you going!
6. On that note, grab an energy bar too! Shoots run late, the caterer doesn’t show..whatever the case may be, better to be safe than sorry!
7. Band-Aids, Accidents do happen! And for sanitary reasons, you don’t want any infected area exposed.
8. You want to look professional, dress in black…which happens shows everything! A stylist will surely be armed with multiple, but not every shoot has one, so bring a lint roller to look polished.
9. Coffee breathe is not cute, always carry mints/gum with you..this can be a rule for all the time
10. Phone Charger. Whether you need a ride, food, GPS, or an emergency happens you don’t want to be worried that your phone just switched from a little green battery to a red one.
This list can continue for quite some bit, but these are my top 10! These items are to accompany your already stocked kit with cosmetics, tissues/q-tips, makeup remover, nail polish remover, brush cleanser, extra brushes….etc.
Do you have any kit must-haves? I’d love to hear them, let me know below!